Tru:Tek [ShinGangu] x DeathCatToys’ Deathtek Mashin: Chaos Dimension revealed…
We’re back after nearly a month long hiatus, kicking things off with an in-depth look at our very own Tru:Tek‘s latest collaborative series with DeathCat Toys… Deathtek Machin: Chaos Dimension!
- Size: 5.5″ (main figure), 1.25″ (keshi pilot)
- Articulation: 4 points (arms, legs), plus removable weapon
- Price: $120 (blank), $160 (painted) per 1 sofubi/1 keshi set
- Heavily inspired by Japanese series Wataru Hero Mashin and its Takara-produced plastic kit line, Deathtek Mashin features an initial line-up of 2 characters – Six Eye Okami from Tru:Tek and Nightmare Steed from DeathCat’s Johan Ulrich – both feature a similar head-torso design fitted with the same arms, legs and back plate; all sculpted by none other than Macsorro
- As with the original kits, both figures come complete with matching game piece-style “Pilot” mini – Silver Bullet for Six Eye and F*CK Luck for NM Steed – and weapon accessory, all sculpted by the UK’s Jamie Macfarlane
- All sofubi figures produced in Japan, whilst weapons/minis come in a mix of hard plastic and keshi-style rubber, all cast by Tru:Tek in the UK
- The first round of releases come packed with a kit box-style header featuring art from Johan, companion stickers and game card- the rules of which will be revealed as the line-up slowly grows throughout 2019!
- The initial painted release came cast in a white sofubi with factory-style sprays in mint green, magenta, red, white and dark blue inspired by the original Franky WHM release. Whilst selling out at DCon, Tru:Tek did manage to hold back a limited supply of [The Spirit of] Deathtek Mashin clear blues for online sales, details of which will be posted right here on the blog later today…