“From the planet Kabagiff, in the solar system that revolves around the blue star Anubis 5, comes Sgt. Krugg, Hippo Titan Soldier! Under the benevolent rule of Imperator Zog, the Kabagiffian are a heroic and militaristic race who rebelled against General Gorgax and his Evil Mutant Legion with the help of Galaxxor 001. Given the divine sanction of The Seven Space Gods, The Kabagiffian Army staunchly defends its planet from invasion and also lends assistance to peacekeeping Galaxxors when additional support is required…”
He’s been a few months in the making now, but Ben Spencer x ManOrMonster? Studios‘ Sgt. Krugg: Hippo Titan Soldier is finally gearing up for release this week! Originally due to go on sale at C2E2 last month, the massive workload of both Ben and MoM? for the event meant that the project unfortunately got a little held up- although judging by the final paint turn arounds, it was certainly worth the wait! Kit-bashed and intensively re-sculpted by Ben and cast with WoW compatible neo-mag joints by MoM?’s Brandon, the blunderbuss wielding action figure has been painted in a Red Squadron inspired mix of white, orange and black for this initial release. Limited to just 5 pieces, Sgt. Krugg will be touching down in the Galaxxor store this Friday, May 24th for $85 plus shipping…
He’s been a while in the making, but the Ben Spencer x ManOrMonster? Studios ‘Hippo Titan Soldier’ is finally gearing up for release! Originally due to go on sale at C2E2 last weekend, the massive workload of both Ben and MoM? for the event meant that the project unfortunately got a little held up- although judging by the recently revealed castings and paint test proto, we haven’t got much longer to wait… Kit-bashed and intensively re-sculpted by Ben and cast with WoW compatible neo-mag joints by MoM?’s Brandon, the blunderbuss wielding action figure is pictured here as a WIP paint test, coming in a Red Squadron inspired mix of white, orange and black. Release details are still to be confirmed at the moment, but you can be sure that as soon as we hear anything, you guys will be the first to know…
With Chicago’s C2E2 opening it’s doors later this week, Ben Spencer over at Nerd City proudly presents the entire Phalanx line-up in full! A mini exposition featuring an incredible collection of neo-vintage 5.5″ action figure customs, bootlegs and original figures, the strictly limited designs will be available to view and purchase from the Nerd City booth. Here’s a quick rundown of what will be on display (including edition sizes and pricing)-
- DOC Dead DieBias$e (previously featured here)// Created by Goodleg Toys, these have been limited to 5 for the Phalanx, priced at $60 each.
- Rudo Rey Mar the Lucha Shark (previously featured here)// The third Lucha Shark colourway, the figure, sculpted by Ben Spencer and cast by Marty ‘Godbeast’ Hansen has been limited to 5, priced at $75 each.
- Prince Algor and Toron (previously featured here)// Created by Rampageo Industries, the prince and side kick come cast with neo mag joints in an exclusive glitter black/gid colourway. Limited to 4 and priced at just $40 each.
- Lilith Eve the Deadstar Diva// Designed/kit-bashed by From the Styx Toys’ Tim Seeley, Lilith has been cast by ManOrMonster? Studios, once again coming with WoW neo-joints. Limited to 4 hand painted figures, the Diva has been priced at $50.
- Torix and The Phantom King// Coming from the legendary 5.5 Customs, these guys have been limited to an edition of 6 with 1 white ‘Phantom King’ chase. Priced at $85 and $100 respectively.
- The Orc// Taking a break from their Mego-style releases, Imagination Asylum proudly present their latest original figure. Limited to 5 exquisitely crafted pieces, they will be available for $75 a piece.
- Stealth Squad Skeletoncrew// Ro3co comes with the latest iteration of his popular Skeleton knock-off, this time around cast in a crystal clear ‘stealth’ resin! Limited to 5, these have been priced at just $50.
- Bunny Warrior// Not to be out done by brother Tim, From the Styx Toys’ Steve Seeley has also contributed to the show with is latest creation, the Bunny Warrior! Produced by Giant Japanese Monster, Bad! in a flesh coloured resin, the oddball figure has been limited to 3 pieces, available for $50 each.
- Mechgarr// Leaving the best ’till last (in our slightly biased opinion anyway!), our good friend and partner in crime, Bigmantoys, has teamed up with ManOrMonster? Studios for this Phalanx-exclusive Treegarr. Featuring WoW compatible neo-mag joints, the beautiful piece has been given a chrome finish with detail hugging black rub. Limited to 5 and priced at $80 each.
On top of this crazy line-up, both ManOrMonster? Studios and Marty ‘Godbeast’ Hansen will be on hand with a number of different exclusives including the pictured ‘Infection‘ Galaxxor (limited to 10 pieces @$125 each) and ‘Gamma Meltdown’ Bog-Narr (limited to 5 @$80 each), alongside the debut of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, WoW’s Clawbber, a Skinner Galaxxor and more! Stay tuned for more tomorrow…
Ben Spencer of Galaxxor/Nerd City fame has just revealed images of his entry for Killer Bootlegs‘ upcoming ‘Toys Are Us’ group show… presenting the mighty Space Knight Eldrus! Seeing a return of the popular Cyborg Space Barbarian head sculpt, the stunning one-off Galaxxor figure has been cast in resin by Marty ‘Godbeast’ Hansen, coming painted by Ben in rather striking lime green/purple colourway. Going up for sale online after the show’s opening reception next Friday, April 5th, we’ve been told that if the figure is well received we’ll be seeing more of the Space Knight (albiet in different colurways) throughout the year…
2bitHACK, 5.5 Customs, Battle Babies, BigManToys, Broken Pigeon, Cash Cannon (4 the Luv of Toyz NY), Concocted Curioddities, Davemarkart, Dead Hand Toys, Dead Presidents, Dubose Art, Evilos, Forces of Dorkness, Galaxxor (Ben Spencer), Giest Lab, Goodleg Toys, GUUMON, Hamfx, Hoakser, Kid Ink Industries, Killer Bootlegs, ManOrMonster?, Mechavirus, MonsterArm, Motorbot, Suckadelic, The Mark Ultra, Wasted Talent and We Become Monsters.
“From the corner of the Galaxxorverse that is Hive World X-544 comes Rudo Rey Mar, the bad boy of The Lucha Sharks! He’s never met a steel bar or a rule that he couldn’t bend (or break!)…”
Joining the previously posted Prince Algor earlier today, Nerd City/Galaxxor‘s Ben Spencer has just revealed yet another designer action figure confirmed for the upcoming Phalanx mini exposition… the ‘Rudo Rey Mar’ Lucha Shark! The third official colourway from the anthropomorphic Galaxxor spin-off line, Rudo was designed, sculpted and painted by Ben, with production duties once again handed over to the more than capable hands of Marty ‘The Godbeast‘ Hansen. Coming in a gorgeous ‘primary’ colour scheme, the piece has been been limited to an edition of just 5, available exclusively at the Nerd City C2E2 booth (#967) for $75 each… Stay tuned for more Phalanx reveals soon!
Previously featured as a work-in-progress sculpt a few weeks back, it appears that Ben Spencer‘s Hippo Titan Soldier will be making an appearance at next month’s C2E2 courtesy of ManOrMonster? Studios! Judging by the recently reveal first test pull, the incredible figure has been retooled by MoM’s Brandon to be fully compatible with both Warlords of Wor and MOTUMU lines… meaning at least six points of articulation, and the inclusion of fully interchangeable neo-mag joints! Unfortunately we have no news on edition size or pricing at the moment, but you can be sure if we hear anything, you guys will be the first to know…
Previewed here at the tail end of last year, Galaxxor‘s Ben Spencer and Marty ‘The Godbeast‘ Hansen have just announced that the Galaxxor Minis are finally up for grabs! Based on the original Galaxxor design by Spencer, the 2″ tall figure has been sculpted, prototyped and produced by TGB in a plethora of different resin finishes… including the all important signature “Infection” translucent red and yellow to red thermo-reactive colourway! No news on pricing or edition size as of yet, so we suggest hitting up TGB directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with any enquiries…