Originally making an appearance as a GID ‘Suck Shop’ exclusive a couple of weeks back, David Healey’s latest custom bootleg, the Floating Shadow, will finally be hitting the Healeymade store later on today! Cast in a mixture of semi translucent purple and neon yellow resin, the ghoulish 3.75″ tall figures have been finished with black hand painted detailing and a light gloss coat. Limited to an edition of 10 this time around (TBC), expect to find them right here from 9pm EST for just $60 plus shipping…
Featured here in a near complete state last week, it came with great pleasure this morning to find that Dr Death‘s long awaited debut toy has just been revealed in all it’s finished glory… Now known as Mutant Steve, the absolutely incredible 5.5″ figure has been hand cast in resin featuring some pretty unique design quirks- the most noticeable being the hilarious Mutagen-Man inspired floating cranium! Limited to just 6 pieces, all of which sold out during production, we’ll be keeping our fingers crossed for another run in the near future. In the mean time though, Dr Death has stated that an all-new design is just around the corner- expect the full lowdown soon…
With Chicago’s C2E2 opening it’s doors later this week, Ben Spencer over at Nerd City proudly presents the entire Phalanx line-up in full! A mini exposition featuring an incredible collection of neo-vintage 5.5″ action figure customs, bootlegs and original figures, the strictly limited designs will be available to view and purchase from the Nerd City booth. Here’s a quick rundown of what will be on display (including edition sizes and pricing)-
- DOC Dead DieBias$e (previously featured here)// Created by Goodleg Toys, these have been limited to 5 for the Phalanx, priced at $60 each.
- Rudo Rey Mar the Lucha Shark (previously featured here)// The third Lucha Shark colourway, the figure, sculpted by Ben Spencer and cast by Marty ‘Godbeast’ Hansen has been limited to 5, priced at $75 each.
- Prince Algor and Toron (previously featured here)// Created by Rampageo Industries, the prince and side kick come cast with neo mag joints in an exclusive glitter black/gid colourway. Limited to 4 and priced at just $40 each.
- Lilith Eve the Deadstar Diva// Designed/kit-bashed by From the Styx Toys’ Tim Seeley, Lilith has been cast by ManOrMonster? Studios, once again coming with WoW neo-joints. Limited to 4 hand painted figures, the Diva has been priced at $50.
- Torix and The Phantom King// Coming from the legendary 5.5 Customs, these guys have been limited to an edition of 6 with 1 white ‘Phantom King’ chase. Priced at $85 and $100 respectively.
- The Orc// Taking a break from their Mego-style releases, Imagination Asylum proudly present their latest original figure. Limited to 5 exquisitely crafted pieces, they will be available for $75 a piece.
- Stealth Squad Skeletoncrew// Ro3co comes with the latest iteration of his popular Skeleton knock-off, this time around cast in a crystal clear ‘stealth’ resin! Limited to 5, these have been priced at just $50.
- Bunny Warrior// Not to be out done by brother Tim, From the Styx Toys’ Steve Seeley has also contributed to the show with is latest creation, the Bunny Warrior! Produced by Giant Japanese Monster, Bad! in a flesh coloured resin, the oddball figure has been limited to 3 pieces, available for $50 each.
- Mechgarr// Leaving the best ’till last (in our slightly biased opinion anyway!), our good friend and partner in crime, Bigmantoys, has teamed up with ManOrMonster? Studios for this Phalanx-exclusive Treegarr. Featuring WoW compatible neo-mag joints, the beautiful piece has been given a chrome finish with detail hugging black rub. Limited to 5 and priced at $80 each.
On top of this crazy line-up, both ManOrMonster? Studios and Marty ‘Godbeast’ Hansen will be on hand with a number of different exclusives including the pictured ‘Infection‘ Galaxxor (limited to 10 pieces @$125 each) and ‘Gamma Meltdown’ Bog-Narr (limited to 5 @$80 each), alongside the debut of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, WoW’s Clawbber, a Skinner Galaxxor and more! Stay tuned for more tomorrow…
We’ve been following the progress of up and coming illustrator Dr Death‘s debut art toy since our first post a month or so back, so it came with great pleasure today to find the incredible designer action figure is nearing the final stages of production! An absolutely mind blowing debut, the breathtakingly detailed 5.5″ ‘Mutant Bastard’ has (as with Death’s illustrations) been heavily influenced by the 80′s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, in particular, Shredder’s henchman “Mutagen Man”. Painted in a suitably vivid mix of 80s/90s inspired block colours, the piece de resistance has got to be the clear cast dome and backpack- featuring an absolutely hilarious Earthworm Jim inspired brain suspended inside! Limited to just 6 pieces (with 4 already accounted for), Dr Death is offering up the remaining 2 for just $150 plus shipping. Hit him up through the dedicated October Toys forum thread here with any enquiries…
Following our little introduction to the ‘Exciting World of Jalldoon‘ last month, creator Jesse Chagnon of Rampageo Industries/Doom Kick has very kindly sent over a preview set of the first batch of figures the ‘Slimes’, so without further ado, we take another look at the highly promising line… Consisting of 5 beautifully cast resin minis, the pack has been split up into ‘good’ and ‘evil’ characters with a view to developing a full MOTU-style narrative as the series progresses. Featuring main protagonist Prince Algor (2 eyes) and his faithful companion Toron (3 eyes), these are joined by ‘baddies’ Master Boshak (facemask) and Jelgon (1 eye), plus Jelldoon’s native inhabitant, the Mini Slime, all sculpted in Jesse’s distinctive, minimal style. Pictured here in an exclusive preview semi-clear Burgundy, the little guys will be dropping in a slew of different colours and buying options, with the main ‘full set’ (all 5 pictured figures) confirmed in 4 different colourways; Pink Champagne 1878 (Hot pink), Industrial Smoke (Smokey Silver), Slime Green, and a surprise fourth color to revealed on DoomKick.com soon (edit- Glowberry!). Joining the minis, Jesse has also been in cahoots with ManOrMonster? Studios’ Brandon Michael Barker to create a ‘Heroic Form’ action figure variant of Prince Algor (full lowdown here). Cast by Jesse in 5 one-off colourways, the Algor-headed custom 5.5 bootleg comes with the now-standard MoM? compatible neo-mag joints, featuring a whopping 9 points of articulation!
With the full range of figures touching down in the Doom Kick store this Saturday, 20th April at 9pm EST, we bring you the complete rundown of what to expect including prices-
Slimes Full Set: All 4 figures plus bonus Mini Slime in the aforementioned 4 colourways. $20 each
Slimes Minis Sets: Available in randomly packed sets of 4, 8, 12 and 20, these come in a variety of different finishes including GID, thermal cour changing and marbled. $5, $10 $15 and $20 respectively
Slimes Singles: As well as the main 4 pack, the debut figures are also available as singles in the original 4 colourways, and as random ‘grab-bag’ one-offs. $5 each
Prince Algor ‘Heroic Form’: As mentioned above, this custom 5.5″ action figure has been cast in 5 different colourways (with a 6th heading to C2E2). $40 each
We’d like to give Jesse a massive thanks for sending over the figures, and suggest to any of you guys interested to head over to the store pretty sharpish after the drop on Saturday- we can’t imagine these little guys hanging around for long!
Following our look at Rampageo Industries‘ ‘Exciting World of Jalldoon’ last week, the guys over at Nerd City have just revealed that the series’ main character, Prince Algor, will be making making an appearance in the upcoming Phanlanx mini exposition at C2E2! To be packaged alongside trusty companion Toron, the pair have been cast in a black/white glitter colorway made with Monster Kolor resin dye and SolarColorDust’s Holographic glitter. Limited to just 4 pieces this time around, the fully articulated figure will be available exclusively from Nerd City’s C2E2 booth (#967) for $40 each…
Previously featured as a work-in-progress sculpt a few weeks back, it appears that Ben Spencer‘s Hippo Titan Soldier will be making an appearance at next month’s C2E2 courtesy of ManOrMonster? Studios! Judging by the recently reveal first test pull, the incredible figure has been retooled by MoM’s Brandon to be fully compatible with both Warlords of Wor and MOTUMU lines… meaning at least six points of articulation, and the inclusion of fully interchangeable neo-mag joints! Unfortunately we have no news on edition size or pricing at the moment, but you can be sure if we hear anything, you guys will be the first to know…