We’ll be resuming to our regular postings once we’ve returned from L.A next week, but in the meantime we’ve decided to give you guys a rundown of the exclusives our very own Tru:Tek will have up for grabs at DCon ’17 this weekend…
Revealed releases so far include-
- “Cotton Candy” Smogballs- Cast in a marbled blue/pink sofubi with minimal paint accents. Limited to 7 priced at $100 each
- “Pearl Red” Smogballs- Cast in a pearlescent red sofubi. Limited to 5 at $70 each
- “Neo-Yeti” 3-Headed Beast Ape (RHS)- Cast in a white vinyl, this one-off has been treated to layers of flesh, white, neon pink and mint blue sprays with hand painted detailing. Priced at $450
- “Psycho Gara” Canadian Hairless (RHS)- Cast in both green and blue glitter sofubi, these have been treated to metallic blue, turquoise, flesh and black sprays. Limited to 2 priced at $120 each
- “Psycho Gara” Death Goliathon (Planet X)- Cast in a black vinyl and treated to layers of metallic blue, turquoise, flesh and black sprays with hand painted detailing. Limited to 2 priced at $300 each
- “Psycho Gara” Goliathon- Cast in a black vinyl and treated to layers of metallic blue, turquoise, flesh and black sprays with hand painted detailing. Limited to 3 priced at $240 each
- “Skinned Alive” Aforgomon (Adrian Jhuang)- Adrian Jhuang’s first figure debuts in a flesh soft vinyl complete with layers of bloody crimson, black and silver sprays with extensive hand painted detailing. Limited to 4 priced at $240 each
- Psycho Cyclops one-off (Chokehazrd)- The all-new Psycho Cyclops comes cast in a pearl green sofubi and treated to 3 very different paint apps- Psycho Gara, Cannibal Clops and Meta-Camo. Priced at $135 each
- “Joker Poker” Redman (RHS)- Cast in a clear pink soft vinyl, Trump has been treated to silver, metallic red, green and purple masked and free sprays. Comes packed with velvet lined cloak and Joker playing card-embedded chest. Limited to 7 priced at $200 each
- “Vintage” Ballock (Triclops)- This vinyl B.A.S.T.A.R.D. comes cast in green soft vinyl with layers of flesh, dark purple and ivory sprays over a purple rub. Limited to 4 at $80 each
- “Green Gara” Ballock (Triclops)- Again, cast in a green soft vinyl, Ballock comes with layers of metallic green, lime green, flesh and red sprays. A one-off custom, Green Gara has been priced at $90
- “Meta-Camo” Mad Mimi- Cast in a flesh soft vinyl and treated to metallic pink, blue, purple, pearl and black sprays with hand painted detailing. Limited to 10 (5 for DCon) priced at $200 each
All available on a first come, first serve basis from the Vinyl Goldmine DCon booth (#1234) starting this Saturday, November 11th
Look out for more Designer Con updates over the next few days!
- Size: 13.5″
- Articulation: 4 points (neck, arms, waist) plus removable “fast food” gun
- Price: 19,440yen plus shipping
- Ron English’s anti-fast food mascot has been cast in a clear purple soft vinyl, coming with masked green/black sprays, a custom Joker trading card in the belly, plus either classic or modern style Joker heads (randomly assorted)
- Going on sale in the BlackBook store at Midnight Japan time on Saturday, October 15th
Hot on the heals of yesterday’s “Dante’s Inferno” one-off from Plaseebo, fellow sofubi customiser D-Lux has just revealed that he’s the latest artist to take on Kearjun‘s YouZha, proudly presenting the “Funny Man” micro-run! Standing at around 8″ tall and featuring 5 points of articulation, the loving tribute to Fulci’s cult horror flick Zombi has been produced in a deep purple vinyl this time around, coming complete with a number of sprays, rubs and brushed detailing inspired by the Dark Knight’s long-time antagonist, the Joker. Limited to an edition of just 5 pieces, the “Funny Man” YouZha will be touching down in the D-Lux store this Friday, September 25th at 11pm Eastern time for $125 each plus shipping…
Originally teased here way back in April, the awesome “Joker” Gero sofubi from Slave One will finally be making its way onto the Clutter store later this week! Inspired by the classic attire of Batman’s greatest foe, the 6.5″ tall figure has been cast in lavender purple sofubi and treated to hand-painted red, green, yellow, white, and pink detailing. Rounded out with the addition of a black string bowtie and green colored doll eye, this rendition of Mistah J wouldn’t feel complete without his frequent accomplice and girlfriend, Harley Quinn! Debuting Unaffiliated SJ’s new “Tesaki” resin figure, the 3-inch tall companion omake has been sprayed by SLAVE×ONE to match Harley’s classic red and black costume. Limited to an edition of just 7 sets worldwide, the “Joker” Gero sets will be touching down in the Clutter store this Friday, June 5th at Noon Eastern time for just $69 a piece plus shipping…
Adam T aka SLAVExONE has just revealed that he’ll have a new Joker-inspired Gero micro-run dropping soon! Produced in a lavender colored soft vinyl, treated to a mix of authentic white, red and yellow sprays and finished with a green dolls eye insert and neck tie, expect the super-limited run to make its way into the SLAVExONE store soon… But that’s not all! Teaming up with Unaffiliated SJ, Adam will also be offering up a special omake mini figure as part of the release! Dubbed “Tesaki”, the 2-part, yokai-inspired piece has been hand sculpted by Unaffiliated SJ, presumably coming cast in resin ahead of a soft vinyl release later in the year. Be sure to stay tuned for more news on both the “Joker” Gero and Tesaki mini as soon as we hear anything…
Joining the recently revealed Super Jelly (check it out here), Selina Briggs’ Jelly Empire is proud to present their latest collaboration with Argonaut Resins, the NYCC exclusive Villains! Due to feature alongside the return of the Bat-Tuttz and Jelly Wonder, the duo have decided to plump for Batman’s hoard of villains this time around, with the Jellybot/Tuttz custom sets featuring 2 different pairings; Joker/Harley Quinn and Riddler/Two Face… Coming complete with all the accessories you see above, the hand cast and painted resin figures will be available from the Argonaut Resins NYCC booth this weekend for an undisclosed sum… Stay tuned for another INSANE Argonaut Resins exclusive later today!
It’s been a while since we featured the work of Killer Bootlegs‘ Peter Goral (read our original feature here), so it came with great pleasure today to find an e-mail in our inbox with a whole host of awesome new projects from the studio! Debuting on the Killer Bootlegs store last month, the Cosmic Creeps are Peter’s latest line of bootleg action figures, with the stunning Mechatard J. Napier the first out of the stable. Kit-bashing a vintage C3PO, Deathstar Droid, Walrus Man, and the Joker, the figure takes his name from the Joker in Tim Burton’s Batman, Jack Napier. Coming blister packed on a hand pulled silk-screened card by Jarrod Hennis over at the Pirate Ninja Print Shop, the packaging features baby blue pentagrams and the Cosmic Creeps logo on a Star Wars-esque card. Limited to just 20 pieces (with only 2 left!), Mechatard J. Napier can be yours for just $25 plus shipping.
The next character to feature in the series will be the mighty Sharkgut Wayne Gracey. Kit-bashed from a vintage Ree Yees, Bossk, Nien Nunb, and Whiplash from He-man, the figure was given the name Sharkgut by his 4 1/2 year old daughter, whilst Wayne Gracey refers to the infamous American serial killer! Coming bagged with a header card in true KB style, the bootleg, as with Mechatard J. Napier, has been cast in multiple marbled colours, with 5 chase variants coming in a cool clear resin. Also limited to 20 pieces, expect Sharkgut Wayne Gracey to hit the KB store soon for just $15.
Alongside the Cosmic Creeps, Peter has also been working on several other projects, including a very special Boba Fett bootleg that will be making its debut soon! Leaving the vintage action figure’s body as-is, Peter has replaced the head with a Battlestar Galactica figure that resembles an elderly Jeremy Bulloch- the actor who played Boba Fett in the Star Wars films! Very limited numbers of the figure are going to be cast, packaged, and signed by the actor himself. Expect these to drop sometime after the Wizard World Chicago event (where Peter will be getting the figures signed in person).
Anyone interested in grabbing any of the Killer Bootlegs back catalog will be glad to know that both Budha Fett and Frozen Fett are still available alongside Mechatard J. Napier in the KB store. Be sure to keep track of both the Killer Bootlegs Facebook and Twitter for up to the minute info on future releases…