Kotobuki Man‘s Tarman homage returns in a special MaBa-themed colorway this week
- Size: 5″
- Articulation: 3 points (waist, arms)
- Edition size: TBC
- Price: $58 plus shipping
- Designed by Kotobuki based on Night of the Living Dead’s Tarman, BomBomMan comes cast in a lavender blue sofubi for it’s third release, complete with yellow and red sprays inspired by cult horror toy series MaBa Zombies
- Available to purchase until September 17th, interested parties are going to need to DM Kotobuki Man on Instagram here, being sure to include your name, address, country and telephone number
The release is set to include;
- “Oil Slick” Smog Ball- Submission Toy’s debut figure has been double-poured in a gorgeous clear/black sofubi, with blank ($75) and factory painted ($85) options available. Limited to 5 of each
- “Silver Strobe Mine” Smog Ball- Smoggie gets his first online painted run, coming in a mix of black, silver, metallic purple and green sprays courtesy of Tru:Tek. Limited to 5 with 1 reverse chase, priced at $120 each
- Warui Zonbi: Series 1 “Teal”- The MaBa Zombie-inspired series returns in a super-limited blank teal colorway (painted version will be dropping at ToyCon UK next month). Features both SS Werewolf and Selwyn for $30 per set. Limited to 5
- “Cockwork Orange” Bukkake- Electric Monarchy‘s debut keshi receives an exclusive from it’s producer, Tru:Tek. Limited to 10, each coming cast in an orange UV resistant rubber and packed in a resealable bag with Clockwork Orange-style stickers. Priced at $25 a piece
- “Neo-Clam” Moonwalker Oozeballs- Submission Toy’s Rich Page and Tru:Tek come with another limited batch of Walkers. Cast in a Japanese sofubi with acrylic brushwork and sprays, the balls come packed alone or with a resin-cast Walker stand. Limited to 5 priced at $110/$90 each
- “Neo-Clam” Duwa- Toysbian‘s Duwa is once again taken on by Tru:Tek. Cast in a GID sofubi with metallic pink, pink and silver VColor sprays, these are limited to 3 priced at $250 each
- “Golden Shower” Duwa one-off- Cast in a GID sofubi with metallic pink, pink, neon purple and gold VColor sprays with silver brushed detailing (Hi-gloss coat not shown). Priced at $265
- Click through for more pics
Splurrt unveils his latest small-mid size figure ahead of production later this year
- Size: 5″ (TBC)
- Articulation: 4 points (neck, arms)
- Designed and sculpted by Splurrt, Bam Bam pays homage to one of the most popular MaBa Zombies from Series 1 (check him here), replicating a similarly textured two-faced design, albeit with a body that looks like a cross between the artist’s own Cadaver Kid and Cadaver Twin figures
- Keep track of the Splurrt Instagram feed here for more details soon
Our very own Tru:Tek is set to return this week with a whole host of goodies touching down in-store this Friday, August 5th at 9pm London time! Without further adieu, we bring you a run quick rundown of exactly what’ll be on offer…
“Neon Pearl” Oozeballs// Back by popular demand, the sought after Oozeball returns in a gorgeous neon green pearl sofubi. With a big reserve of stock, we’ll be offering singles for $50, whilst the painters out there will be able to pick up 3 for just $130.
“Pink/Purple” Warui Zonbi// Not to be outdone, we also have a new colorway for Gory Hole’s Warui Zonbis too! Cast in a stunning pink/purple sofubi, these will be offered up as part of a special value pack with a free pin for just $40 a set.
“Blind Bag” Canadian Hairless// The first of a number of collaborations with Red Hot Style, these 6″ tall soft vinyl kitties have each been treated to a different paint app ranging from “Chihuahua” to “Neon Ice Cream”. Packed blind bag-style, these will be available for $130 each.
One-Off Noxious// Another 2 of 5 Chokehazrd Noxious figures to come from Tru:Tek, these guys have been cast in white vinyl and treated to metallic/flesh sprays over detail hugging rubs. Coming complete with a protective hi-gloss finish, they’ve been priced at $150 each.
One-Off Cucumi// One of a handful of Rocky Chan‘s Cucumi to be customised by Tru:Tek, this particular version has been cast in a light green vinyl and treated to the artist’s signature earthy paint app with a mix of rubs, sprays and hand detailing. Priced at just $150…
With Gory Hole‘s relaunch just over a week away now, we’ve decided to give you guys a closer look at one of the many items that’ll be up for grabs in-store next Friday, June 24th… the deluxe Warui Zonbi mini sets! Solely focussing on our legion of keshi fans this time around, these sweet packs consist of mini rubber versions of both Selwyn and SS Werewolf from series 1 (designed by Tru:Tek and sculpted by TTToy’s Makino-san) in a previously unreleased flesh-tone, matching soft enamel pin badges designed by Kotobuki-man, plus a matching Bikkuriman-style holographic sticker- all packed up in a custom hand cut windowed display box. Limited to an edition of just 20 sets, these will be going on sale alongside a whole slew of soon-to-be-revealed t-shirts, pins, patches and one-off custom sofubi… Look out for more info soon!
KtoKto‘s Kaibutsu (Monster) Series 3 returns this week for a fresh round of overseas sales!Inspired by a mix of both classic monster designs and 80s Japanese horror toys – including the iconic MaBa Zombies – this third wave once again features a total of 3 different designs; Frankenstein’s monster, Dracula and a companion tomb stone, each sculpted in the classic finger puppet style and produced in an uncapped soft vinyl. Produced in a blue soft vinyl this time around, all 3 figures have been treated to a swathe of sprays in gold, metallic blue, green, white and purple complete with hand brushed detailing. Currently up for grabs via lottery for just 5,300yen ($50) plus shipping, interested parties can enter by e-mailing KtoKto at email@example.com with their name, Instagram name, country, shipping address, phone number, PayPal address and name of product by Sunday, June 5th… Good luck to all who enter!
KtoKto‘s Kaibutsu (Monster) Series 4 returns this week for a fresh round of overseas sales! Taking on a more fantasy-inspired look than previous releases, the Neclos-esque set features a gargoyle (Semushiotoko), skeleton knight and hunchback, all coming in at around 3″ tall and featuring an uncapped, finger puppet-style design. Produced in a lime green soft vinyl this time around, all 3 figures have been treated to a swathe of sprays in gold, metallic blue and purple complete with hand brushed detailing. Currently up for grabs via lottery for just 5,300yen ($50) plus shipping, interested parties can enter by e-mailing KtoKto at firstname.lastname@example.org with their name, Instagram name, country, shipping address, phone number, PayPal address and name of product by Thursday, May 5th… Good luck to all who enter!