Having overseen numerous hand cast releases over the past year, Marty “THEGODBEAST” Hansen over at True Cast Studio is proud to reveal that The Walking Dud mini figures will finally be debuting in PVC this weekend! Produced in China at the prestigious Onell Design factory, the fully articulated, Glyos compatible figures will be available in 3 different editions to start with; an unpainted “Pheyden Blue” for just $8, a fully painted “Ultra Rotten” in baggie for $15, and an “Ultra Rotten DX”, also fully painted, but packed in a clamshell with header card and inner vacuum formed tray for $20. Expect all 3 to touch down in limited quantities on the True Cast Studio store this coming Sunday, August 31st at 8pm CST…
After over 14 years of slinging urethane, Marty “The Godbeast” Hansen is proud to finally unveil his first solo PVC production figure, the absolutely gorgeous Kabuto Mushi MKII! Featuring a staggering total of 26 fully Glyos compatible parts, the beetle-like protagonist stands at around 3″ tall in its standard form, with an almost limitless selection of custom builds at its disposal. Debuting in 4 different colourways; a metallic pearlescent red, brown and green, plus a clear “stealth”, Kabuto will be touching down in the Godbeast store today (1/3) at 9pm Eastern time, priced at just $10 with a limit of 3 in each colour per customer… But that’s not all! Joining Kabuto, Marty will also be debuting the first PVC Mini Mushi Swarm figures! Produced in the same colours, the little guys are due to come packed in sets of 4, with solid and mixed colour bags available for just $8 each. Interested parties can get a closer look at both figures by heading over to the Godbeast blog right here…
Ben Spencer of Galaxxor/Nerd City fame comes with the first of 2 pieces he’s created for Madknits‘ upcoming Blue Colar Toy Show, the incredible Sharkastator Galaxxor mash-up! Loosely inspired by the ‘Killer Carp’ Battle Beast both in design and colour, the stunning piece features an amalgamation of Spencer’s signature Galaxxor and Lucha Shark figures to blinding effect. Cast in resin by the legendary Marty ‘Godbeast’ Hansen, the one-off 5.5″ toy has been hand painted in the carp’s familiar red and white, complete with yellow chest embellishment. Priced at just $90, Sharkastator will be up for grabs alongside another still-to-be-revealed piece at the show’s opening on July 13th at the Hope Artiste Village in Pawtucket, RI. Head over to the Madnits site here for more details…
With Chicago’s C2E2 opening it’s doors later this week, Ben Spencer over at Nerd City proudly presents the entire Phalanx line-up in full! A mini exposition featuring an incredible collection of neo-vintage 5.5″ action figure customs, bootlegs and original figures, the strictly limited designs will be available to view and purchase from the Nerd City booth. Here’s a quick rundown of what will be on display (including edition sizes and pricing)-
- DOC Dead DieBias$e (previously featured here)// Created by Goodleg Toys, these have been limited to 5 for the Phalanx, priced at $60 each.
- Rudo Rey Mar the Lucha Shark (previously featured here)// The third Lucha Shark colourway, the figure, sculpted by Ben Spencer and cast by Marty ‘Godbeast’ Hansen has been limited to 5, priced at $75 each.
- Prince Algor and Toron (previously featured here)// Created by Rampageo Industries, the prince and side kick come cast with neo mag joints in an exclusive glitter black/gid colourway. Limited to 4 and priced at just $40 each.
- Lilith Eve the Deadstar Diva// Designed/kit-bashed by From the Styx Toys’ Tim Seeley, Lilith has been cast by ManOrMonster? Studios, once again coming with WoW neo-joints. Limited to 4 hand painted figures, the Diva has been priced at $50.
- Torix and The Phantom King// Coming from the legendary 5.5 Customs, these guys have been limited to an edition of 6 with 1 white ‘Phantom King’ chase. Priced at $85 and $100 respectively.
- The Orc// Taking a break from their Mego-style releases, Imagination Asylum proudly present their latest original figure. Limited to 5 exquisitely crafted pieces, they will be available for $75 a piece.
- Stealth Squad Skeletoncrew// Ro3co comes with the latest iteration of his popular Skeleton knock-off, this time around cast in a crystal clear ‘stealth’ resin! Limited to 5, these have been priced at just $50.
- Bunny Warrior// Not to be out done by brother Tim, From the Styx Toys’ Steve Seeley has also contributed to the show with is latest creation, the Bunny Warrior! Produced by Giant Japanese Monster, Bad! in a flesh coloured resin, the oddball figure has been limited to 3 pieces, available for $50 each.
- Mechgarr// Leaving the best ’till last (in our slightly biased opinion anyway!), our good friend and partner in crime, Bigmantoys, has teamed up with ManOrMonster? Studios for this Phalanx-exclusive Treegarr. Featuring WoW compatible neo-mag joints, the beautiful piece has been given a chrome finish with detail hugging black rub. Limited to 5 and priced at $80 each.
On top of this crazy line-up, both ManOrMonster? Studios and Marty ‘Godbeast’ Hansen will be on hand with a number of different exclusives including the pictured ‘Infection‘ Galaxxor (limited to 10 pieces @$125 each) and ‘Gamma Meltdown’ Bog-Narr (limited to 5 @$80 each), alongside the debut of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, WoW’s Clawbber, a Skinner Galaxxor and more! Stay tuned for more tomorrow…
“From the corner of the Galaxxorverse that is Hive World X-544 comes Rudo Rey Mar, the bad boy of The Lucha Sharks! He’s never met a steel bar or a rule that he couldn’t bend (or break!)…”
Joining the previously posted Prince Algor earlier today, Nerd City/Galaxxor‘s Ben Spencer has just revealed yet another designer action figure confirmed for the upcoming Phalanx mini exposition… the ‘Rudo Rey Mar’ Lucha Shark! The third official colourway from the anthropomorphic Galaxxor spin-off line, Rudo was designed, sculpted and painted by Ben, with production duties once again handed over to the more than capable hands of Marty ‘The Godbeast‘ Hansen. Coming in a gorgeous ‘primary’ colour scheme, the piece has been been limited to an edition of just 5, available exclusively at the Nerd City C2E2 booth (#967) for $75 each… Stay tuned for more Phalanx reveals soon!