We bring back SoftoyHobby this weekend to shine a light on the debut sofubi from our very own ShinGangu imprint… the Kaijyu Battleground playset!
- Price: $249.99 plus shipping
- Size: 6”x5” (playset), 1.75” (micros)
- Articulation: 1 point (lid)
- Contents: 1x playset, 2x micro, 1x boat omake, 1x seal pack, 1x pin 1x coloring book
- The Line: Inspired by classic kaiju and the pachimon sub-culture, Kaijyu Battleground is an all-new series from the mind of ShinGangu’s TruTek. Set to feature a whole host of full-size figures and playsets, each will pay homage to a particular film, series or theme, whilst also helping to expand the deep alt-narrative planned for the many locations and characters in-store. The first set – Gargamon Vs Baraton – has its roots dug firm in Toho’s Frankenstein CtW and follow-up, War of the Gargantuas, featuring a similar heart (the playsets shell), caveman-like character and kaiju, all set against a post-war landscape in a Mighty Max-style format.
- The Playset: Kaiju Battleground Ep1 features a 3 part design complete with removable lid plus 2 micros, coming cast in a flesh tone Japanese soft vinyl and treated to various sprays, brush detailing and extensive flocking, all sealed with a super-smooth satin gloss. Sculpts courtesy of Kto Kto, paint/prototyping, ShinGangu.
- Extras: Each playset comes complete with a number of extras, including a magnetic boat omake that can be held by Gargamon, a seal sticker pack, pin and coloring book that details the origins of KB.
- How To Purchase: The Kaijyu Battleground playset will be available via a 48hr limited mail order starting 4pm London time this Thursday, September 12th. Interested parties can fill out the dedicated form RIGHT HERE. In the event of receiving more entries than allotted stock, a lottery will be held to determine successful applicants.
- Shipping will commence November 2019.
- Size: 9″
- Articulation: 6 points (neck, arms, legs, tail)
- Edition size: Open
- Price: 12,960yen plus shipping
- Designed and sculpted by Rampage’s Jon Malmstedt based on the first generation Godzilla, the classic kaiju comes cast in sofubi (clay proto pictured) with metallic green, purple, gold and red sprays with hand painted detailing
- Going on sale through the Medicom Toy store and the usual international outlets starting September 24th
- Info via Sofvi.Tokyo
Hot on the heals of the Mothra Larvae earlier this year, Anraku Ansaku unveil yet another release licensed by Toho
- Size: 9.4″
- Articulation: 3 points (neck, arms, waist)
- Price: 10,800yen each
- Taken from Toho’s classic sci-fi kaiju film Destroy All Monsters (Kaijū Sōshingeki), both male and female Kiraaku aliens have been treated to an authentic silver paint app with minimal hand painted facial detailing
- Going on sale via open preorder through Medicom and their usual suppliers starting October 24th
- Info via Sofvi.Tokyo
Continuing their dream collaboration this month with their first officially licensed release, Anraku Ansaku and Medicom Toy are proud to announce that their version of Toho’s iconic Mothra larvae will be making its debut later this month! Coming in at an impressive 12″ from head to toe, the undisputed Queen of Monsters will be available in 2 different colorways to start with, “Yellow”, with metallic teal/red sprays and a classic “Brown” with subtle dark brown lowlights. Going on sale via open preorder through the Medicom store starting Sunday, July 24th, both versions have been priced at just 12,960yen each…
[info courtesy of Sofvi.Tokyo]