Whilst we rarely feature privately commissioned customs here on Man-E-Toys, when we found out that Topheroy had taken on one of our favourite Skull Head Butt figures, the awesome Robo Kong, we simply couldn’t ignore! Taking on the Robot Monster inspired kaiju with flare, Toph has opted for a more parred back colour scheme than usual, swapping out the rainbow Monster Kolor fades for a gorgeous metallic grape and gold with subtle black lowlights. Winging it’s way to one super lucky customer as we speak, those interested in bagging a similar piece (and just so happen to have a spare Kong lying around!) can e-mail the artist directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with their enquiries.
Can’t wait to get your Topheroy fix? Then you’ll be glad to know that we’ve just added a super-limited batch of Disarticulators x Toph Tiny Terror mini figures to our store! Originally created for the now canned Artist Series we were cooking up early last year, we have finally decided to offer up the few that we have left. Featuring sculpts from all 3 Disarticulators (Zectron, Tru:Tek and Bigmantoys), the trio of 2″ scaled figs were cast in a solid resin (not rubber!) for the release, each coming in a multitude of Monster Kolor sprays courtesy of Toph. Available as set for $50, or as singles ranging from $15-$20, the custom Tiny Terrors can be found in-store right here…
Sorry guys, normal posting will resume tomorrow. In the meantime though, we bring you exclusive details of the latest release from our very own Tru:Tek and the Disarticulators… Weirdos in Space: Wave 1! Utilising Tru:Tek’s recently released Bio-Drone ship sculpt, the ongoing series is set to feature a number of different ‘mini pilots’ from some of the art toy scene’s finest, the first coming in the form of Rampage Toy‘s Cupcake Lucha and Blurble‘s Gusto. Hand cast by Tru:Tek in a flexible keshi-style rubber, the 4-part figures will be available in a multitude of randomly assorted, one-off colour combinations (including the all important solid flesh!), coming bagged and headed for just $24 plus shipping. Limited to just 10 of each design, expect the little weirdos to hit the Man-E-Toys store this Friday, May 31st at 9pm London time…
Following the ‘My Pet Monster‘ Critter custom posted earlier in the week, we proudly present 2 more Disarticulator customs from the insanely talented Topheroy! Once again tackling the 1″ Critter platform with flare, the resin figure, cast by our very own Tru:Tek, has been given Toph’s infamous rainbow fade of Monster Kolor sprays, finished with metallic black detailing and a liberal coat of hi-gloss. Joining the Critter comes another design from our resident super-sculptor Zectron, the TTFTD Lobsterman. As with the Crite, this guy has also be cast in resin, this time around coming in an Iron Man-esque mix of metallic red and yellow sprays with black detailing. Unlike the previously revealed Critter, these guys are actually available for sale (yay!)- priced at just $25 a piece, they can be found on Topheroy’s Customantics store right here… Stay tuned for more Toph x Disarticulator action soon!
After what has seemed like a lifetime in the studio, we can now finally present to you guys the HUGE selection of figures we’ll be dropping at the upcoming Rampage Studios opening and show… Featuring a total of 18 all-new mini figure designs spread across 5 different series from both H.U.S.T.L.E and Disarticulator brands (our collaborative project with Zectron and Bigmantoys), we’ll be profiling each in turn over the next couple of weeks to get you guys better acquainted. In the meantime, here’s a quick rundown of exactly what will be featuring…
- ‘Rampage Exclusive’ H.U.S.T.L.E Artist Series Wave 1// The debut of our long awaited custom bootleg mini figure line, the series features a total of 10 designs from 8 of the art toy scene’s finest. Standing at around 1″-2″ tall, each figure has been hand cast by Tru:Tek in an authentic keshi-style rubber. Coming in either neon pink or green (exclusive to Rampage), each figure is packaged in a gatcha capsule with insert and laminated stat card… Aside from the standard ‘singles’ release, we have also created a number of randomly packed blister carded 3 packs, plus another one-off H.U.S.T.L.E Battle Pack featuring a custom wrestling ring plus figures from both Rampage Toys and series creator Tru:Tek. Pricing and edition size TBC.
- The ‘Tiny Terrors from the Deep’ XComunicated 3 Pack// Our first truly collaborative effort as The Disarticulators, the mini figure 3 pack features designs inspired by mid-90’s RTS videogame XCom: TFTD. Debuting at Rampage Studios in the Tru:Tek produced rubber edition you see below, the stunning figures come packaged in a hand crafted window display box that resembles the original PSONE box- a theme we’re sure you’ll become familiar with in our work soon! Edition size of 3, price TBC.
- Break Fighters’ Higekami: Master of Beard-Fu// The first in an ongoing series of ‘single’ releases based on faux early 90’s beat ’em-up ‘Break Fighters’, Higekami: Master of Beard-Fu was designed and sculpted by Zectron, with production duties once again handed over to Tru:Tek. As with the TTFTD release, Higekami comes packaged in a beautiful custom made box, this time around lampooning the iconic SNES cartridge box. Edition size of 5, price TBC.
- ‘Rampage Exclusive’ Masters of the Bootleg: KESH-E-FACE// Created to run alongside the ever growing H.U.S.T.L.E universe, Zectron’s beautifully sculpted KESH-E-FACE sees it’s second exclusive outing with the reveal of the Rampage Studios exclusive. This time around cast in neon green rubber with pink rotating head (plus one reverse chase!), the 3″ tall figure once again comes packaged in a hand finished blister card with artwork from Zectron. Edition size of 5 (although an open run ‘Rampage’ solid green is in the works!), price TBC.
- ‘Rampage Exclusive’ Critters: Wave 2// Last but by no means least, we’re proud to reveal that the Critters inspired mini figures will be making yet another exclusive outing! This time cast in a marble red/black rubber (with white/black chase), each figure comes with an exclusive header and safety insert designed by Tru:Tek. Edition size of 5, price TBC.
[click on the images for a closer look]Rampage Studios Opening and Show, January 25th 2013 Featuring new works from The Disarticulators, Peter Kato, Nama Niku, Eric Nilla, Art Junkie and Hellopike